Scottish Home Report

Scottish Home Reports

Properties for sale in Scotland are legally required to be marketed with a Home Report, copies of which need to be made available to prospective buyers. Inside the report are three documents: An Energy Report (otherwise known as an EPC or Energy Performance Certificate) which gives an overview of the property’s energy efficiency and potential ways it can be improved, a Single Survey which contains a valuation for the property and an opinion on its condition, and lastly a Property Questionnaire, details of which are completed by the seller and which gives information on things like parking arrangements, heating type and council tax banding.