2 Bedroom Flat (Now Sold)
Queensway, London, W2 4RB
An extremely spacious two double bedroom apartment in Princess Court, a prestigious 1930s block off Queensway.
The property comprises:
- living room (5.5m x 3.9m), with a triple sash bay window overlooking central courtyard
- master bedroom (5.9m x 3.4m), with triple sash bay window at the back of Princess Court (away from the road), and built-in wardrobes
- second bedroom (4.8m x 2.4m), with sash window overlooking central courtyard, and walk-in wardrobe
- kitchen (3m x 2.4m), fully-fitted, with all modern appliances
- bathroom (1.7m x 2.4m), fully-tiled, full length bath with shower, toilet and wash-basin
- entrance hallway (4.7m x 1.2m)
The property has been recently refurbished, benefits from great lighting throughout, and is in excellent condition. It is in a quiet location at the back of the block and is very safe. The block has a porter and benefits from two lifts, CCTV and a fire alarm system. Hot water and heating are provided centrally.
The property comes with the benefit of a recently-extended lease of c.140 years.
As well as making a very desirable home for an owner-occupier, the property would also make an excellent investment – there is strong rental demand for properties of this type in this area.
Unparalleled transport links:
- Queensway and Bayswater Tube stations each 1 minute's walk
- Notting Hill, Royal Oak and Lancaster Gate Tube stations 5-10 minutes’ walk
- Paddington mainline, Heathrow Express, Tube and (future) Crossrail station 15 minutes’ walk, or 1 stop on the Tube from Bayswater
- Access to the A40 off the north end of Queensway road.
- Oxford Street 5 minutes by Tube, the City 15 minutes by Tube.
Fantastic local amenities:
- Hyde Park/Kensington Gardens 2 minutes’ walk away at the top of Queensway, with Whiteleys at the other end.
- Bars and restaurants on Queensway, with Notting Hill and Westbourne Grove 5-10 minutes' walk.
- A number of characterful cinemas and small theatres within a few minutes’ walk.
- Fitness centres, wide range of supermarkets (Waitrose, Sainsburys, Tesco) dentists, GP, library and Porchester Spa all close by.
Planned redevelopment to enhance local area:
- Over the medium-term, the immediate environment is set to be enhanced by a £1billion redevelopment centred on the historic Whiteleys building, for which planning permission was granted last year.
- Architects Foster and Partners have said the proposed development will “restore Whiteleys to the centre of a rejuvenated Queensway”.
- Alongside the redevelopment of Whiteleys, Westminster council has plans to improve Queensway, with the road set to be transformed into a boulevard with new paving, lights and trees.