5 Bedroom Farm House (Now Sold)
Pitton, Rhossili, Swansea, SA3 1PH
Corner Farm House, formerly a tenanted farm on the Penrice Estate, is set at right angles to the Rhossili road in the hamlet of Pitton.
It was built in the mid eighteenth century appearing on the 1780 estate map. The building is an award winning, Grade II listed long house, sympathetically restored and modernised by the architect owner.
The stone walls of the house have been rendered, with the quoin stones exposed, and has a slate covered roof. The long barn retains its lime washed stone walls under a slate roof.
Together they offer extensive and well presented accommodation with a variety of retained period features, including a large inglenook.
The property has gardens both front and rear. The upper front garden is cottage style with trees, scrubs and lawn. The lower front garden, previously a farmyard, has shrubs and planting beds, surrounding a lawn. The rear garden has fruit trees and a lawn.
The vehicular access, via a side lane, leads to a parking and turning area with a three bay open barn used as a garage.
There are three further separate barns on the property together with another attached to the end of the long barn. The largest of the barns has a valid Planning Permission for conversion to habitable accommodation.
The property is energy self sufficient with photovoltaic panels, air source heat pump and solar panels.
Adjacent lanes lead to Mewslade beach and cliff walks to Rhossili with its famous beach, Port Eynon and numerous other beaches and coves. Another lane leads to Rhossili Down and footpaths through moors and farmland.