Our ever growing resource of articles for landlords, how to advertise property, tenant references, landlord insurance, evicting tenants, being a good landlord, property letting guides, landlord docs, AST download and lots more.

"CO-molekyl" by Ingvald Straume.

Gas safety in rental property

All Landlords have a common law duty to ensure that gas installations and appliances supplied with their rental properties are safe. Tenants have certain legal obligations when it comes to gas safety as well.

Read more

Tenant credit report

How do I get a credit check/reference on a prospective tenant?

We have tried to make the process of getting a tenant reference (and getting optional extras like rent guarantee insurance) as simple as possible. You can even get a reference and rent guarantee insurance if you have not used us to advertise your property.

Read more

Online landlord advertising service.

Landlord Advertising - Online letting agent

Our Tenant Finder service is the same as you can get from your local letting agent, but much cheaper! For a very small fee landlords can instruct us to advertise their property to rent on the sites they need - Rightmove, Primelocation and Zoopla.

Read more

No chains in our contract!

No Agency Ties

Property rental and sales advertising with none of the normal agency ties

Read more

Take better photos with our online tips.

Property Photos

You can supply your own property photographs or we can take them for you (for a fee). Read our tips to improve your photos and the chances of selling or letting your property.

Read more

Online Letting Agent

What is an Online Letting Agent

Online letting agents are transforming the letting industry and represent the fastest growing UK lettings sector. Visum are the UK's longest established online letting agent and have been pioneering the lettings revolution to give our landlord clients choice, value for money and a solution that really works.

Read more

Recent Posts

Recovering Rent Arrears

What - if anything - can landlords do to get unpaid rent from tenants?

Finding and Choosing a Buy to Let Property

Things to consider when selecting a property - a lot of it applies to a property purchased for...

Fire Safety Standards For Houses Converted into Self-Contained Flats

This article covers the minimum fire safety standards for houses converted into self-contained...

Fire Safety Standards for HMOs of 3 Storeys or Over

This article outlines the minimum fire safety measures required to be undertaken in HMOs of 3...

Fire Safety Standards for HMOs of 2 Storeys or Under

This covers the traditional bedsit type house shares with all occupiers on their own tenancy...

Fire Safety Standards for Flats Over Shops

Flats over shops are higher risk because of the use underneath (which might be high risk) and...